Here’s what’s going on in the soccer industry this morning…
- Nashville are expected to be named Major League Soccer’s (MLS) newest expansion franchise when commissioner Don Garber makes an “important announcement” in the Tennessee state capital on Wednesday.
- Former Brazil soccer striker and 1994 World Cup champion Romario said on Tuesday he plans to run for president of the scandal-plagued Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) on an anti-corruption platform.
- China’s number two dairy company will be the official supplier of drinkable yoghurt and pre-packaged ice cream at next year’s World Cup after signing an agreement with global soccer body FIFA on Wednesday.
- Barnsley Football Club has announced the completion of a takeover by Asian consortium NewCity Capital and Pacific Media Group.
- Ford will become Leicester City’s Commercial Vehicle Supplier for the 2017/18 season in a deal that will focus on providing support to a number of operations throughout the Football Club.
- English top-tier soccer side Tottenham Hotspur have announced a partnership with Mammoth Mattresses.