UEFA’s Executive Committee unanimously approved a financial fair play concept for the game’s well-being in September 2009. The concept has also been supported by the entire football family, with its principal objectives being:
- to introduce more discipline and rationality in club football finances;
- to decrease pressure on salaries and transfer fees and limit inflationary effect;
- to encourage clubs to compete with(in) their revenues;
- to encourage long-term investments in the youth sector and infrastructure;
- to protect the long-term viability of European club football;
- to ensure clubs settle their liabilities on a timely basis.
For more information on financial fair play, click here.